IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018 : The candidates will need to fill and submit the application form on first week of April 2018. IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018 is the procedure through which the M.Tech seats offered by the institute are allotted to qualified candidates. To be qualified for admissions, the candidates should have qualified GATE evaluation or ought to be an IIT graduate with CGPA of 8.0. A suitability test or interview will be held for a few candidates. After filling the application form of IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018, the candidates will also need to register themselves in GATE COAPS 2018. 12 M.Tech programs are provided by the institute along with 3 interdisciplinary M.Tech programmes. The allotted candidates might have to report at the institute for verification of entry and pay the admission fees. Read the full article for information concerning the important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, selection procedure and much more of IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018. mtechadm.iitm.ac.in
The candidates who apply for IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018 are also required to fill and submit the application form of GATE COAP 2018. During the Common Provide Acceptance Portal (COAP), the applicants are going to have the ability to get a frequent platform for admissions into the engaging IITs. The allotted entry offers will be available through COAP from which the candidates are going to have the ability to select their preferred alternative.
- 1 Swift facts of IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018
- 2 IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Dates 2018
- 3 Courses Offered by IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018 :
- 4 IIT Madras M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2018
- 5 IIT Madras M.Tech Application Form 2018
- 6 IIT Madras M.Tech 2018 Cutoff
- 7 IIT Madras M.Tech Selection Procedure 2018
Swift facts of IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018
|Admission Process||IIT Madras M.Tech Admission|
|Institute name||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras|
|Criteria of selection||GATE, Graduation from IIT|
|No of Programmes||12 M.Tech Programmes and 3 Interdisciplinary M.Tech Programmes|
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Dates 2018
|S. No||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Application form will be available||1st week of March|
|2||Last date for applying online||2nd week of April|
|3||Test/ Interview for condidates||3rd week of April|
|4||Reporting for Admission||4th week of July 2018|
|5||Additional Round of Admissions for Vacant Seats||4th week of July 2018|
|6||Orientation Programme||4th week of July 2018|
|7||Commencement of Classes||July Month 2018|
Courses Offered by IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018 :
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Catalysis Technology (Interdisciplinary)
- Clinical Engineering (Interdisciplinary)
- Petroleum Engineering (Interdisciplinary)
IIT Madras M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2018
All applicants should possess qualified GATE 2018 examination or if have graduated from some other IIT to be qualified for admissions into M.Tech classes of IIT Madras. The eligibility criteria for GATE qualified candidates and IIT graduates will probably be different.
GATE Qualified Candidates
- The candidate must have qualified GATE and should hold a valid rating. The program variant of GATE 2018 has been published on August 31 and will be available till October 9, 2017 (8 pm).
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture from institutions approved by AICTE/ Government OR a Master’s degree in Chemistry/ Life Sciences/ Mathematics/Physics related subjects from institutes approved by UGC/Government.
- OR must have levels obtained via Distance education/ correspondence mode. These candidates will need to attend the suitability test/interview process.
- Candidates who have appeared or are yet to appear for the last exam of the qualifying degree will be eligible for admission if their outcome will be declared by July 15, 2018.
For IIT Graduates
- Candidates who are applying should be qualified B.Tech from IIT
- Candidates Should have scored CGPA of 8 (on a scale of 10). Candidates who belongs to reserved caterory must score 7.5 out of 10 . Only these candidates can apply without a GATE .
IIT Madras M.Tech Application Form 2018
Online application form IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018 will be accessible tentatively in the very first week of March 2018. All candidates will need to successfully fill and submit an application form till third week of April 2018. Before completing the IIT Madras M.Tech 2018 program type, the candidates who are applying for these M.Tech must and should match eligible criteria .
- Candidates should visit official website of IIT Madras to register themselves
- Academic, Personal and contact details should fill all the details and need to proceed further .
- Required Documents need to be scanned and uploaded as requested in the portal .
- The application fee for IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018, need to pay through online mode (Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card).
- After filling the Application form for IIT Admission 2018, need to take printout of registration form for future there is no soft/hard copy sent to any of the candidates who are applying .
Application Fees of IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2018
- Candidates who belongs to General need to pay 400rs
- Other candidates SC/ST/PwD/Female need to pay 200rs
IIT Madras M.Tech 2018 Cutoff
The scores required for admissions into the M.Tech courses offered by the institute is the cutoff of IIT Madras M.Tech 2018. To know the detailed cutoff, read GATE Cutoff for IIT Madras
IIT Madras M.Tech Selection Procedure 2018
Allotment of seats will be accomplished strictly in the order of merit in accordance with the GATE scores (CGPA for IIT graduates) of their candidates. The selected choices of those candidates during registration will also be taken into account during the allotment procedure. Additional rounds of admission will be conducted tentatively through the fourth week of July 2018 if chairs are left vacant after allotment. Those candidates who couldn’t secure admission in the first, second and following rounds will be considered for the further round.
All candidates that are successfully allotted seats will have produce their degree completion certificate and report in the institute tentatively from the fourth week of July 2018. If the candidates cannot report for entrance, then his/her admission will be cancelled. The institute fee additionally needs to be compensated by the candidates through online payment facility. 1000 will be kept by the institute.
Institute Fee to be Paid (Per Semester)
- General and OBC Category Days Scolar 17213 Hostler 17963
- SC/ST Candidates Days Scolar 12213 Hostler 12963
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036